Our landscape maintenance services offer customers pleasing results completed on time and on budget. We use the high quality products for lasting results and of course all of are equipment and personnel are insured, so you can rest assured that we have you covered. Our office staff is available to answer questions or schedule services for you at 615-708-5549.
Flower Bed Maintenance
Many properties in the area have beautifully landscaped spaces which include lawns, trees, and shrubs as well as flower beds. Keeping all these spaces looking good and in good health year is a huge chore. We at Performance Lawns have been providing commercial and residential property owners high quality, customized landscape maintenance solutions for over 15 years and have a wealth of experience in the field and we have the expertise, skill and resources to provide excellent shrub and flower bed maintenance services based on your specific needs.
Landscape Maintenance Services Offered:
- Bush Trimming
- Shrub Pruning
- Ornamental Tree Pruning
- Weed Removal
- Mulch Installation
- Rock Installation
It is great to have landscaping that requires minimal maintenance. However, your investment and beautiful landscape can quickly disappear if not consistently maintained. Performance Lawns, Inc can help. Through proper weeding and mulching, you can extend the life of you plants, require less overall maintenance, and save money in the long run. Add seasonal color and inspiration to your garden or landscape setting. Summer annuals can add a vibrant display to perennial borders and terrace containers. Using our horticultural expertise, we will work with you to select the perfect palette of container and border plantings that fit your personality and home style for every season. Many gardens are designed with seasonal plantings in mind. We strive to compliment the existing landscape with fresh perennials and annuals that will flourish with little care and abundant seasonal enjoyment.Shrub and Hedge Trimming and Mowing the yard is only half the challenge. Bushes that are not consistently maintained hurt the appearance of even the best-kept property. We will leave your bushes looking beautiful and designed just how you like.
An Overview of How We Work
Below we give a detailed look into our philosophies on formal hedge and shrub trimming.
Trimming Formal Hedges
There is no need for the width of even vigorous hedges to exceed 60cm (2ft) if they are regularly trimmed. Formal hedges should be slightly tapered on both sides so that the base is wider than the top and light can reach the bottom of the hedge. This is known as cutting the hedge to a batter. The following steps ensure an even, symmetrical hedge:
- Cutting straight, crisp edges by eye can be difficult. We use a taut horizontal string tied between two stout canes to act as a guide to cut the top of the hedge level. Canes or stakes pushed into the ground help with vertical lines
- To shape the top of the hedge (e.g. to an arch), we use a template of the shape required from cardboard or plywood. We then place the template on the hedge and cut following the line of the template, moving it along as we proceed
- When using shears, we ensure that the top of the hedge is cut level and flat by keeping the blades of the shears parallel to the line of the hedge
- When using a hedge trimmer, it is important to keep the blade parallel to the hedge and use a wide, sweeping action working from the bottom of the hedge upwards, so that the cut foliage falls away
Trimming Informal Hedges and Shrubs
Pruning requirements depend on the type of shrub, but many shrubs need routine removal of damaged, diseased or dead wood, as follows:
- Cut out any damaged or dead shoots back to their point of origin or to ground level
- Where there are many stems remove some to ground level to keep the bush open and avoid congestion
- Finally take out any weak, spindly or twiggy shoots right to the point of origin or to ground level so the plant concentrates its resources on strong new shoots
- After pruning, plants benefit from mulching and feeding. We use either a general-purpose fertilizer or specialist rose or other high-potassium fertilizer